Wings 3D Development Forum
[fixed] Yafaray render crash - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [fixed] Yafaray render crash (/showthread.php?tid=1331)

Pages: 1 2 3

[fixed] Yafaray render crash - ekolis - 08-21-2015

If I create an empty scene and try to render it with Yafaray, the render completes, but Wings crashes. Also, how come there's no option to disable the render options dialog anymore when configuring a hotkey?.

It also appears that the options set in the render dialog (for instance, enabling alpha channel and disabling generation of the XML file) don't seem to be respected.

RE: Yafaray render crash - oort - 08-21-2015

The crashing when using YafaRay and also Kerkythea is caused by a bug in the console window (now called Log Window). This has been fixed... Wings3D Crashing but we have to wait for a new release.

Unfortunately with wxWidgets it is not possible to avoid the settings dialog. Not sure if this can be fixed in the future or not.

Since Wings crashes when using YafaRay I cannot check the Alpha background or xml issue.

oort

RE: [duplicated] Wings immediately exits on startup on 64-bit Windows 10 - oort - 08-21-2015

Micheus,
Have you updated the wings_job.beam with dguds fix? I just tried it again and I still get a crash.

Thanks,
oort

RE: [duplicated] Wings immediately exits on startup on 64-bit Windows 10 - micheus - 08-21-2015

oort, I just upload the files fixed by dgud in that link in the other thread. Please check them.

RE: [duplicated] Wings immediately exits on startup on 64-bit Windows 10 - oort - 08-21-2015

Micheus,
I am getting a Not Found error when clicking the link.

Thanks,
oort

RE: [duplicated] Wings immediately exits on startup on 64-bit Windows 10 - micheus - 08-21-2015

Thanks for report it oort.
I don't know what is happening but I decided to pack the files and link the zip file. It should be working now.

Micheus,
I am able to get the file but I am sorry to say I still get a crash when rendering with YafaRay.

The patch seems to fix the problem of Wings3D crashing on startup by making sure the Log Window is closed when Wings3D starts.

Thanks,
oort

Ok. Thanks for the feedback.
Let's consider the problem with Yafaray related only to it. I probably will finish the plugin review next week (I'll be out this weekend), so we can discover it that is true, because I don't have any crash like that. Smile

Micheus,
I get the same crash when rendering with Kerkythea, so I think it is an issue with the console/log window instead of the YafaRay plugin.

Thanks,
oort

It should be something else.
I was testing in my development environment, but I just download and installed the current development release - without apply any path - and I could render the scene I use for test the render plugins (all kind of light, some materials,...)

Download it and try - at least - to render using Kerkythea.