Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=2053)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - oort - 09-24-2016

David,
I am running on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks,
oort

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - david.bluecame - 09-25-2016

Hello,

Thank you for the information, oort! I was able to identify and hopefully solve the problem. I've released the new version v3.1.1-beta with the fixes: http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5184

On the other side, I'm still (very slowly) updating the YafaRay plugin to v3. I've added a couple new features from the new v3.1.1-beta to the plugin (ability to choose the font size and select a custom ttf font). I've uploaded the new .beam file for you to try.

https://github.com/DavidBluecame/YafaRay---unofficial-Builds/raw/master/wpc_yafaray_v3_beam_2016-09-25.zip

Please when you select a TTF font file, in the file selection dialog you have to choose "all files", otherwise it will only show image files and the TTF folders will appear to be empty. Not sure if Micheus could do something to help here so that field automatically looks for TTF files?

I still have a lot of work to do to get the plugin up to speed with all current features in v3.1.1-beta. So much to do and so little time!!! :-(

By the way, now the Denoise options in the General tab work with v3.1.1-beta (I think they didn't work with v3.0.2-beta as those options were not yet defined in the Core XML interface). I hope you like the Denoise option (keep in mind it only works with non-HDR formats such as JPG, PNG, etc)

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - oort - 09-26-2016

David,
Thanks for the info. I only had time to do a quick test of YafaRay and not the plugin tonight. The bug in Volumetrics is fixed. Even getting better results than I was getting in 3.0.2.

I will try to find time for testing the plugin this week.

Thanks for the bug fix.
oort

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - micheus - 09-26-2016

(09-25-2016, 08:43 PM)david.bluecame Wrote: Please when you select a TTF font file, in the file selection dialog you have to choose "all files", otherwise it will only show image files and the TTF folders will appear to be empty. Not sure if Micheus could do something to help here so that field automatically looks for TTF files?
That is easy David. Just use another dialog properties variable with the proper file extension like:

Quote::
ImageFormats = images_format(),
BrowseProps = [{dialog_type,open_dialog}, {extensions,ImageFormats}],
FontProps = [{dialog_type,open_dialog}, {extensions,[{".ttf","True Type Fonts"}]}],
:
{?__(188, "Custom icon path "), {button,{text, get_pref(badge_custom_icon_path,Attr),
[{key,badge_custom_icon_path}, {props,BrowseProps}]}}},
{?__(240, "Font size factor"), {text, get_pref(badge_font_size_factor,Attr), [range(badge_font_size_factor), {key,badge_font_size_factor}]}},
{?__(241, "Custom font path "), {button,{text, get_pref(badge_font_path,Attr),
[{key,badge_font_path}, {props,FontProps}]}}}
If we try to select a system font - like for Windows 10 - the Fonts directory seems to be empty.

Wouldn't be better get the font file information from using the data from a Font dialog? (it used the default font OS folder).
If so, we need to "stole" some code from the wpc_tt.erl - a lot of it to be honest - but, I believe we can migrate it to another module making it shareable with other modules. (we just need Dan's approval)

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - tkbd - 09-27-2016

David, thanks for update!
I tested font select and font scale factor,it works fine on Mac OSX.
(Fons scale factor range is Min- Max: 0.0 - 4.0,if negative value set then error)

But,Badge failed when set the srting that contains CJK charactor.
For example the string "モナ・リザ(La Gioconda)" for title, comment etc....

Quote:Exporting to: /Users/***/Desktop/wings/wpc_yafaray-618-FEO5EO.xml
for render to: //Users/***/Desktop/wings/la_joconde.png
Mesh w_Cube2: triangulating...done
Mesh w_Cube2: exporting...done
ERROR: Failed to export:
{'EXIT',{badarg,[{io_lib,format,
["\t<logging_title sval=\"~s\"/>",
[[12514,12490,12539,12522,12470,40,76,97,32,71,105,
111,99,111,110,100,97,41]]],
[{file,"io_lib.erl"},{line,168}]},
{wpc_yafaray,println,3,
[{file,"wpc_yafaray.erl"},{line,5847}]},
{wpc_yafaray,export_logging_badge,2,
[{file,"wpc_yafaray.erl"},{line,5796}]},
{wpc_yafaray,export,3,[{file,"wpc_yafaray.erl"},{line,3216}]},
{wpc_yafaray,'-do_export/4-fun-0-',3,
[{file,"wpc_yafaray.erl"},{line,695}]},
{wings_export,export,4,[{file,"wings_export.erl"},{line,35}]},
{wings_file,'-export_filename_1/2-fun-0-',3,
[{file,"wings_file.erl"},{line,96}]},
{wings_develop,time_command,2,
[{file,"wings_develop.erl"},{line,81}]}]}}

You're almost near a resolve of this issue.
It is perfect if able to export string contains CJK charactors to yafaray-xml file.
Cheers!

P.S
I send you PM a report for Blender.

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - micheus - 09-27-2016

It's that ~s in io_lib:format. It needs to be replaced by ~ts in casa Yafaray can manage unicode chars into xml file.

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - oort - 10-05-2016

David,
I don't know if it is something that I left out of the plugin or if it is a problem with YafaRay. I have noticed that in the Alpha Transparency Leaves example on my website that the leaves are partly transparent in areas where leaves are overlapping. Maybe it is an issue with the Alpha map I have used???

I have circled the areas where the lower leaves can be seen through upper leaves in the image below.

Thanks,
oort

[Image: DebugLeavesMark_zpsdgy7txhu.jpg]

David,
I have never been able to get good results using a single image with diffuse and an alpha background. Not sure if something is missing from the plugin or if it is an issue with YafaRay. In the past I have searched the YafaRay forum for information about this but have never found anything to solve the problem. See the example render below.

Here is the Diffuse with Alpha texture I am using... Ivy Leaf

Thanks,
oort

[Image: ExampleDiffuseWAlphaCombinedNotWorkingDe...ru7uvm.png]

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - oort - 10-05-2016

I have answered my own question about the first leaves problem I posted. It was indeed an issue with the Alpha map I was using. The Alpha map was a gray scale image. After changing it to a fully black image the transparent areas went away. I will post an updated example file when I have time.

Edit: I have updated the example file that uses separate Diffuse and Alpha mask.

The problem with the single image with both Diffuse and Alpha remains.

Thanks,
oort

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - oort - 10-07-2016

I found a couple of webpages with information about using a single image with Alpha for leaves.

Blender3D: Noob to Pro Wiki

Blender Doc

Based on this, I think it is the DVar setting that is missing and causing the problem. If I understand correctly the DVar setting controls the "Scalar" setting.

Quote:Dvar: default value for scalar type textures (Mirror Amount, Transparency, etc..)
from this page... YafaRay Textures

There are two settings for that:
"do_scalar" (bool, default is true) and "scalar" (float, default is 1.0).

YafaRay XML parameters

Problem now is figuring out where to put the code... so far I have not been able to get it right... Sad
Hopefully adding this will fix the problem... Smile

oort

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - david.bluecame - 10-10-2016

Hello, guys.

Sorry, I've been quite busy lately. I hope to be able to work again on YafaRay and the Wings3D plugin from now on.

Thank you all for the feedback. I will take a look at the remaining problem with Unicode and will try to implement the change suggested by Micheus.

Also, I will take a look at the issue mentioned by oort. Please, oort, will you send me the Wings3D scene and all textures you were using so I can take a look? Also, if you could describe what exactly the problem is and how you would expect the scene to be rendered would be helpful.

Thanks again!