Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=2053)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - micheus - 07-26-2016

Go ahead with Yafaray. TheBounty will need to be a fork of the old Yafaray plugin source and renamed to avoid this kind of confusion.

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - oort - 07-26-2016

Micheus,
Could you please go ahead and use the latest version of the plugin you sent me to create a new plugin for "The Bounty"? I know it is not an official version but it will be good for those (like me) who still want to play with SSS.

If in the future povmaniac creates a new plugin for "The Bounty", our version can be replaced. I only use "The Bounty" when I want to play with SSS. I am only able to use the RC3 version of "The Bounty" for SSS since his latest release does not work well with SSS in Wings3D.

P.S. David, make sure you remove the reference to "The Bounty" under Edit > Plugin Preferences > YafaRay > Help...
Quote:NOTE: The YafaRay Fork Build, 'TheBounty' by Povmaniac, is required for SUBSURFACE SCATTERING, Translucent (SSS) Material.

Thanks,
oort

(07-26-2016, 06:24 PM)oort Wrote: Micheus,
Could you please go ahead and use the latest version of the plugin you sent me to create a new plugin for "The Bounty"? I know it is not an official version but it will be good for those (like me) who still want to play with SSS.
For TheBounty we can remove the Passes tab, right?!

RE: YafaRay Plug-in - reviewing for Yafaray 3.0 - david.bluecame - 07-26-2016

(edited) there are other differences such as IBL blur and some others

Yes the render passes should be removed. You can remove the note about "The Bounty" form the menu I mentioned to David as well. I am trying to think if there is anything else but can't think of anything else.

Thanks,
oort

Hello,

Sorry, this is totally unrelated but I was using my phone and by mistake I could have clicked the button to "report" as spam one of these posts and perhaps even confirmed it (not sure as I was doing something else and later I noticed I had clicked something in the screen, so I don't know what exactly did I do). I hope not having caused any issue for that, sorry! :-(

Lesson: when using my phone, I should lock it when doing something else!

(07-26-2016, 07:52 PM)david.bluecame Wrote: Sorry, this is totally unrelated but I was using my phone and by mistake I could have clicked the button to "report" as spam one of these posts and perhaps even confirmed it (not sure as I was doing something else and later I noticed I had clicked something in the screen, so I don't know what exactly did I do). I hope not having caused any issue for that, sorry! :-(
I checked the moderation control panel and there isn't any reported post. So, it seems you didn't do anything wrong. Smile

Sorry I was slow to type... Smile

I think I tested "The Bounty" with the latest version of the plugin that I have. I will double check.

It is a good time to create the separate plugin for "The Bounty"

I will post shortly with confirmation that all is ok with creating a "The Bounty" plugin from the current YafaRay plugin.

oort

Thank you, guys!

Separating the plugin will allow me to adapt better the YafaRay plugin to v3.0.2 and reduce the "clutter" of options and parameters that are not really used anymore.

I would like to suggest we define the max number of passes in the plugin's preferences. That would avoid to get the passes tab making the dialog bigger when we usually doesn't really use that option. We could set a start value of five.
If OK I can make this change in the future.