Wings 3D Development Forum
YafaRay Renders - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gallery (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: YafaRay Renders (/showthread.php?tid=212)

Pages: 1 2

YafaRay Renders - oort - 03-01-2013

This is a continuation of my YafaRay Renders thread Old forum thread in the old forum but if anyone wants to add to the YafaRay Renders in this thread please do. I want to see what others can do with the YafaRay plug-in.

Below is a render of my old statue model with ivy from the "IvyGenerator" program added to it. This was a test to see how well Alpha Transparency is working. I had to use a Diffuse Map and a Separate Alpha Transparency map for the leaves. Using a single Diffuse Map with Alpha Channel did not work. I am still using YafaRay 0.1.3 Experimental. Maybe Diffuse Map with Alpha Channel will work with newer versions of YafaRay???

The high poly count from the many leaves did slow down Wings3D on my old PC... Sad

oort

[Image: StatueIvy400x400_zps1c2890ea.png]

RE: YafaRay Renders - oort - 03-02-2013

I played with the statue materials. I used three modulators with procedurals for diffuse, bump, and specularity.

oort

[Image: SatueIvydecay_zps1525a57d.png]

RE: YafaRay Renders - oort - 03-15-2013

Being inspired by Ravyn's post about bottle transparency, I have been playing with YafaRay glass. In the image below, the bottle in the middle/back is the control subject with only a very very small amount of Distorted Noise Procedural bump added. The left bottle has color added and a larger amount of Distorted Noise Procedural bump. The right bottle is a Blend material made of a Glass material and a Shiny Diffuse material with Musgrave Procedural color and Musgrave Procedural bump.

oort

[Image: Old-Bottles-Three-Crusty2.png]

RE: YafaRay Renders - oort - 04-10-2013

I hadn't tried using the marble procedural with SSS in the latest Experimental 0.1.3 yet. It didn't work in the original version but does in the latest. Not a perfect setup but the image below shows it in the Stanford Dragon and my statue, both with spotlight backlight...

oort

[Image: MarbleDragonBacklight_zps0c6d2988.png]

[Image: MarbleStatueBacklight_zps34f88aca.png]

RE: YafaRay Renders - oort - 05-08-2013

I played a bit with lights and color lights. In the image below I have a white spotlight shining on the left side of the model and a yellow spotlight behind the model...

oort

[Image: StatueMarbleYellowbacklight_zps0026a938.png]

RE: YafaRay Renders - oort - 05-31-2013

Trying to get a good metalic red paint.... Here is a Blend material made with Coated Glossy and a Shiny Diffuse with Cloud/New Perlin Noise procedural.

[Image: 57chevyredmetalic_zps961b33f9.png]

[Image: MetalicRed_zps6db00ab6.png]

oort

RE: YafaRay Renders - oort - 09-13-2015

Digging through old Wings3D files I found a mushroom I made in 2004, with the help of one of Peter Chovanec' tutorials... Peter Chovanec website

I added a grid, which I modified with Sculpt for the ground. I used a Gradient Background in an Ambient light for the sky background. I used a Musgrave texture with Normal setting to give the ground some texture. Of course, I used TheBounty renderer so I could use SSS material in the mushrooms. I used a Spot light with a power of 380 to light the scene. Not sure why the power setting in the Spot light had to be so high.

oort

[Image: Example-Mush-Room-Scene.jpg]

RE: YafaRay Renders - oort - 01-28-2017

Since Micheus had posted the model for the Monstera plant he rendered with Kerkythea, I decided to try rendering it with YafaRay.

I had to invert the colors for the Alpha Mask because YafaRay requires a white background with black for the object. I also had to use "Bump (Heightmap)" to hold the Alpha Mask texture, since there is no Alpha Map option available in Wings3D.

At the Material level "Transmit Filter" needs to be set to a value of 0.

At the Texture level for the Alpha Mask "Color Factor" needs to be set to a value of 0 and "Value Factor" needs to be set to a value of 1.
Alpha needs to be changed from "Alpha Off" to "Alpha Transparency".

For the Diffuse Texture make sure "Color Factor" is set to a value of 1.

There are other settings for the Normal map and the Gloss map but the ones I have listed here are the most important ones to get started.

The image below was a rendering using the SPPM lighting method. There are some strange spots on the leaves. I need to figure out what is causing them.

oort

[Image: Micheus-Plants-SPPMSpots.png]

RE: YafaRay Renders - micheus - 01-28-2017

Nice e step by step about how to setup this kind of multiple texture set to be used in YafaRay. Thanks oort.

Those areas with the strange spots are just those where the bottom and top faces are too close (maybe overlapped ). Did you tried to use inset to add some thickness to them. That was something that I tried before my last post in that thread. Or, did you exported the model without to set the 'export normals'? (I think the YafaRay exporter also has this option)
If so, what was the result?

RE: YafaRay Renders - oort - 01-28-2017

Micheus,
Hopefully I got all the steps listed and correct... Smile

I used the model just as it was when I downloaded it. I think the spots (Round circles) I am getting have to do with a render setting that is not set correctly for SPPM. I did not notice them with Direct Lighting. I need to test again with Direct lighting to make sure. I did not save a separate render with Direct Lighting and render times are very high with Direct lighting for some reason. Maybe it is the Glossy texture???

There is no option for exporting normals with YafaRay. I don't know if it is an option available in YafaRay or not. I guess the plugin sets it to something that always works. Unless I am not seeing an issue that you are seeing???

Not sure if I will have time for more testing today or not...
Thanks,
oort