Wings 3D Development Forum
[standby] (to Dgud) Information Line and command instructions - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [standby] (to Dgud) Information Line and command instructions (/showthread.php?tid=2245)

Pages: 1 2

[standby] (to Dgud) Information Line and command instructions - Fonte Boa - 11-19-2016

I've noticed that Information Line has gone... It seems to be replaced by the Toolstips that appears for some time if the cursor is over a command.
Therefore, it is possible to see the same toolstips blinking at the botton of workarea every time user puts the cursor over a command. It is very fast, but it is possible to see that (it is replaced almost instantly by the navigation instructions: "LConfusedelect [Alt]+M:Tumble M:Track etc etc".

My two questions (suggestions), once there is no way to increase the Toolstips display time:

(a) Could you, Dgud, bring back the Information Line as a Preferences option?
(b) If not, would it be possible to keep displayed at the botton of workarea the instructions about the command the user is pointing to?

Thanks.

RE: Dgud: Information Line and command instructions - dgud - 11-19-2016

What do you mean that the info line is gone?
When?

The info line should work mostly as before.

RE: Dgud: Information Line and command instructions - Fonte Boa - 11-19-2016

The following two pictures show the Information Line in Wings3d 1.5.3 (green, at botton area) showing the realced command instructions. The other picture shows there is no Information Line in Wings3d 2.1.3.

If you want, i can record a short video showing how (in 2.1.3) the realced command instructions blinks quickly at botton area, diappearing then to just show general combos (Select, Tumble, Track, Dolly, Tweak).

Can you confirm this? Or it is happening just to me?

Anybody else can confirm if there isnt no more a Information Line in Wings3D 2.1.3?

The video shows what happens in Wings3D 2.1.3 when i point to a command (or a "subcomand"): the instructions appears briefly in botton area and disappear in less than a second. When i point to a subcomand (for example, Extrude|Normal), the instructions remain visible just until i move the mouse cursor: then, the instructions just blink... Frustrating...

RE: Dgud: Information Line and command instructions - dgud - 11-19-2016

Hmm, we had the same problem on Mac thought I fixed that in 2.1.3.

Still on Win 7 on that computer?

Yes, Dgud: Windows 7.

Take a look at the video i've post above showing what is happening...

RE: [standby] (to Dgud) Information Line and command instructions - micheus - 11-19-2016

Fonte, what the camera model are you using?
I noticed it isn't Wings3D. Anyway, I'm at work and testing all them under Windows7 64bit SP1 without reproduce your problem.

RE: [standby] (to Dgud) Information Line and command instructions - Fonte Boa - 11-19-2016

<< what the camera model are you using? >>

3dsMax

(thanks for your attention, Micheus)

RE: [standby] (to Dgud) Information Line and command instructions - Fonte Boa - 11-25-2016

Any chance to fix this, Dgud and Micheus?

RE: [standby] (to Dgud) Information Line and command instructions - micheus - 11-25-2016

Fonte, as I post before and you can see in that video I cannot to reproduce your problem. :/