Wings 3D Development Forum
Wings-2.1.5 Released - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Wings-2.1.5 Released (/showthread.php?tid=2299)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - kenmo - 01-27-2017

Wow...looks awesome...Love it...

Looking for the "smooth" command, has it been initially removed or is "subdivide" what it is now called?

Wow...very nice. Has the "smooth" function been initially removed?

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - oort - 01-27-2017

Kenmo,
Smooth is now Subdivide. I guess the name was changed, since there are two methods available now.

oort

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - Wegg__ - 02-02-2017

Looks like the 2.1.5 release has made it to the Debian Sid repository! I'm very excited about being able to finally use this latest version! I am however experiencing a lot of glitches that are pretty distracting. I have reported the bugs here in the forum as best I can. Exciting to see my favorite modeler continue to progress!

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - OXO - 02-14-2017

I don't like being critical, but 2.1.5 is the worst release I've seen. It won't open many of my files, and just hangs, requiring task manager to kill it.

It's a huge disappointment, because I thought that finally we were headed in the right direction.

Sorry guys..

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - oort - 02-15-2017

Oxo,
I am surprised that you are having so much trouble with the new version. I think you are one of the first to have so much trouble with the new version.

The newer version can even handle higher poly-count models than it used to be able to handle.

Maybe listing your computer specs will help to figure out what is happening...

oort

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - Extrudeface - 03-03-2017

Thank your VERY much !

testing now in a current project. Smile Smile Smile

First report...I was having issues and crashes with an old 2.0.2 (indeed, the one I'm always recurring to for time critical projects has been 1.5.4, for a while (still installed)) . This one is not crashing in the same points, at all than 2.0.2, and I certify that mentioned above: Way, way snappier than 2.0.2 !! A dense mesh that was way heavier to handle before, now can be managed much, much better. Against the one opinion up there, to me this is one of the best versions I have tested in the late years... Smile At least, from what I'm seeing, first sensations. Things like those pop up very fast...Rotating that dense mesh crazily fast now.... (I have the eldest i7, (1st gen) only 8gb (and slow memory), crappy HD, an arcane low card and a too overloaded win 7... )

Oh, and very nice and modern new UI and icons... Smile

PD: I mean, Wings wasn't really a tool were you could rotate a mesh having 140.000 triangles like if it had nothing (with MY hardware !)... Well, is what I am experimenting now, even having now my system in a very critical status (gotta do some readjust, clean up, and fine tuning so, just too busy), this rotates like a 6 sides cube... I can remember how modeling a character with 65k was way slower. Huge kudos...

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - Romi Lizada - 03-12-2017

since the last time I am trying Wings3D in 2005 in version 0.98 after that it discontinued so I will giving again myself in this latest release and soon I'll post my first 3D model with v2.1.5 Smile

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - luisaestrada - 03-21-2017

Excellent work, thank you!

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - Extrudeface - 06-19-2017

AMAZING work on the bridge function. I'm referring now to not depending anymore in number of verts for bridge operation. Is saving me tons of time allowing to model -even more- with Wings like with clay... Smile . Is easier than ever to have several primitives, clean a bunch of faces in two regions, bridge. This speeds up the workflow crazily . So, thank you very much, once again. Smile

I know most people surely did know this since release, but I just discovered it now, lol, while in a time critical project....

Also, great that one can disable tweak, as while is absolutely a great feature, when am modeling sth non organic, helps me a lot to select without moving stuff around... Smile (with character models I have it always on, most of the time)

Also, latest version I downloaded of 2.1.5, very stable. Fits totally for production. Smile

Enormous Kudos.

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - daves - 06-23-2017

(12-19-2016, 09:02 AM)Stutz Jr Wrote: I've only just recently discovered that Wings3D is seeing some active development again. Many thanks for the ongoing efforts of those involved!
It's been a long while since I checked this forum/page but I wanted to say I still find that Wings is my modelling program of choice. Since I've become involved in the 3d printing / design hobby, I really love the way that Wings is able to easily generate STL files that work well with my 3d printer's slicing program (Cura). I love being able to quickly make and tweak designs without getting too involved in CAD or trying to wrangle with extensions. I've tried learning other programs but I always come back to this one Smile
I know 2.1.5 isn't news anymore, but I have to second what Stutz Jr is saying Smile. I've been really lucky to have occasional access to a Objet30 Prime through a friend's office and being able to see your creations 'in the flesh' makes the Wings 3D learning process so much more satisfying. Keep up the good work!