Wings 3D Development Forum
Wings-2.1.5 Released - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Wings-2.1.5 Released (/showthread.php?tid=2299)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - cyseal - 08-16-2017

What is included in the next planned release ?

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - micheus - 08-17-2017

(08-16-2017, 11:02 AM)cyseal Wrote: What is included in the next planned release ?
Probably not much we can see besides bug fixes and a few small things like drag and drop for Wigns3d and image files, a new dockable window for Snap Image that will not longer be in the context menu. Maybe the booleans stuff would be available too.

The devs are still working in rewrite the Wings3D' core: finishing to add unicode support, adding multithreading support, updating the way the OpenGL draws the viewport and others.
This Wings3D code update/renew started with the new UI since 2.0 and it seems to go on for a while. It's something necessary.

We have not seen such activity for some time:
[Image: Wings3_D-commits.png]

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - Dimitri - 08-18-2017

It would be good to have the so needed 'rounded bevel' feature too! Such a tool should be a priority. It is much more needed than booleans. It is unthinkable for a modelling app of our times not to have such a feature.

Booleans are good but they can not be used other than in rough structure demonstration illustrations. The fact that their seams can not be bevelled-filleted makes them useless in actual life scene renderings. Of course, there are some very succesful attempts to make them usable in such cases too ('Mesh fusion' and 'Hardmesh' for example) but this is another big chapter to discuss... : - )

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - cyseal - 08-20-2017

1. Micheus, is it possible to make UI more functional and efficient in a way when you are making video modeling, people don't need to read on screen text because everything can be understand with the UI?

2. Top Mod UI has some thumbnails for faster modeling. Is it possible to make that in Wings?

3. Can Wings support modifiers for non-destructive modeling ?

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - micheus - 08-22-2017

I'm not the person to answer that, but for everything I have read all these years in similar discussions at the forum I believe the answer for all items is 'No'.

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - mygrandmawheels - 08-24-2017

To tell the truth, I'd need the boolean operation from months!

I'm a Linux user, I used the Manifoldlab fork for this reason under Wine, but I'm not be able to make it work with the last version.. I don't know if it's a KDE problem, or Wine, or the Manifoldlab exe..

I agree with Dimitri, but I use Wing to make molds for resin figure so, without "subtract", I am at the mercy of the cat (Venetian dialect expression).

Ok, I hiss in another way with other tools, but if I have all in wings would be perfect...

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - nemyax - 08-24-2017

(08-24-2017, 03:23 PM)mygrandmawheels Wrote: without "subtract", I am at the mercy of the cat (Venetian dialect expression)
Or rather, at the mercy of a Blender, as they say in Amsterdam.

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - mygrandmawheels - 08-25-2017

The whole world is country!

In fact, the other tool is just blender .. that I hate for some reason, even if I know it's a fantastic software, but every time I have to do something with, even the most trivial, I have to do a google search and try again and again. Surely it is my fault, but I find that Wings3d is made for humans and blender for something else, such as engineers, or lawyers, or something like.

RE: Wings-2.1.5 Released - nemyax - 08-25-2017

Not sure about lawyers, but engineers are humans all right.