Wings 3D Development Forum
Different object selection after UV export - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Different object selection after UV export (/showthread.php?tid=2336)

Pages: 1 2

Different object selection after UV export - Hank - 01-09-2017

Hi there,

W3D, 2.1.5

After I export some UV I've noticed strange object behaviour - all selections (vertex, edge, object) loose their functionality: see attached screen recording.
It happens only to objects for which UV was exported and refreshed.
Could anyone exclude my GPU issue?
Thanks.

[Image: 2017-01-09_17-57-59_zpsgrbr2ytc.gif]

BR, Hank

RE: Different object selection after UV export - micheus - 01-09-2017

(01-09-2017, 05:04 PM)Hank Wrote: After I export some UV I've noticed strange object behaviour - all selections (vertex, edge, object) loose their functionality: see attached screen recording.
Hank, as I see in your video it seems like the "functionality" is still there, but the selections became "grayscale" or black instead of red.

As have been working this week in a object that I'm UVmapping I can tell you that I'm not experiencing this. So, I cannot exclude a GPU issue. Sad

RE: Different object selection after UV export - tkbd - 01-10-2017

In my environment, I couldn't recreate it.
Hank,Did you the bug occured in the previous version too?

(Wings has recently fixed for Intel GPU edge display problem(about Polygon Offset)).

RE: Different object selection after UV export - Hank - 01-10-2017

Hello,

To be honest I did not follow 2.0.x for very long time, and since I can't avoid it, now I felt into 2.1.5 with my next project...
I simulate the same operation in my desktop and the result failed, so it's seems to be related with my Intel HD. Anyhow, thank you for checking.
I'd like to mention about one more issue: when I move my mouse pointer over geometry graph (with many scrollalbe objects) first I have to click some object, then I'm able to scroll it. It works similar with outliner window - I tested 1.5.4 and it works without clicking on any object. Could you activate 'mouse over' option, so it activates the window without clicking?
BR, Hank

RE: Different object selection after UV export - micheus - 01-10-2017

(01-10-2017, 05:14 PM)Hank Wrote: it's seems to be related with my Intel HD.
Always Intel... Check for updates: IntelĀ® Graphics Drivers
They really don't take care of theirs drivers. Angry

Quote:when I move my mouse pointer over geometry graph (with many scrollalbe objects) first I have to click some object, then I'm able to scroll it.
Here it's working like for Outliner - no need select a item to scroll the list. (I'm not using the folder layout)

RE: Different object selection after UV export - dgud - 01-10-2017

Quote:when I move my mouse pointer over geometry graph (with many scrollalbe objects) first I have to click some object, then I'm able to scroll it.

Fonteboa had the same issue on Win-7 do you also use Windows 7?

RE: Different object selection after UV export - Hank - 01-11-2017

(01-10-2017, 05:38 PM)micheus Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 05:14 PM)Hank Wrote: it's seems to be related with my Intel HD.
Always Intel... Check for updates: IntelĀ® Graphics Drivers
They really don't take care of theirs drivers. Angry

yeah, I always have problems with Intel HD, but I will follow your advise and try to update the drivers.

(01-10-2017, 06:02 PM)dgud Wrote:

Fonteboa had the same issue on Win-7 do you also use Windows 7?

I use Windows 8.1
'activate mouse over' option is not something I can't live without but I will be grateful if you can fix it in following versions.

Let me know if you need Software/OpenGL info.

Thank you.

BR, Hank

[update]
Intel HD drivers was updated and the result is still the same

No worries, show must go on. I can live without it.

BR, Hank

[another update]

Guys, kill me cause' I'm stuppid or what. This uv export issue seems to work only with some objects (cube/cylinder) and other not (octotoad,tetrahedron) Undecided

[Image: 2017-01-11_10-09-13_zpstrsb3yof.gif]

something tells me it's not realed with Intel HD anymore...

BR, Hank

RE: Different object selection after UV export - micheus - 01-11-2017

(01-11-2017, 09:21 AM)Hank Wrote: something tells me it's not realed with Intel HD anymore...
I don't think so.
As you wrote before, it works fine in another PC. Not that eventually dgud could find a workaround (as that one pointed by tkbd). Smile

I use to try Wings3D in both Intel HD and AMD graphic cards and any graphic problem that appears use to be in that PC with Intel.
Some time ago I experienced a weird problem with edges not being drawn (post) and I tried a workaround, but what was fixed in a first stage soon went back some smooth after:
Quote:So, what I did was replace the routine that process the quads for other that would draw them as polygon. What I got can be seen in the gif below. The right side is my original Wings3D(32bit) install and the left one is the one I was playing:
[Image: subd_zpsd26bfd6b.gif]
That problem was fixed after Wings3D starts to require OpenGL 2.1. So, still same PC and same driver, but using a different driver resource.

By considering OpenGL has a set of specifications and the way Wings3D uses it is the same for any brand, in events like this I will always tend to believe the problem is related to poor drivers by Intel.

Just to register here, which Intel HD family has your PC?

Hi there,

Thank you for checking all the possibilities.
About my GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400 and drivers: 10.18.14.4432 ( from 2016-04-08 )

As far as I remember, in the past I already had some problems with basic objects and it was related with file reference to some older version of W3D or MLab. After I change the file, everything is OK. Maybe someone from W3D users could share with relevant file (if you know which one is responsible for the option) and I can change it.

BR, Hank