Wings 3D Development Forum
Takeart|Shuriken - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gallery (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Takeart|Shuriken (/showthread.php?tid=2544)

Takeart|Shuriken - Marcin Maćkowiak - 06-12-2017

Hey,

My another fun made project is a shuriken.
You can see my tutorial how it is done step by step. Smile

Modeling: Wings 3D
Render: Cycles
Final: Photoshop

If you enjoy my job click subscribe Tongue

[Image: Shuriken%20Render_zpsq0xpp4xt.png]

[Image: Shuriken%20Render%20wire_zpsbcjjihoc.png]

[Image: 1_zpsatn0funq.png]

If you like my projects you can always follow me on Instagram or a Facebook fan page Smile

Feel free to comment
Regards
Marcin Maćkowiak

RE: Takeart|Shuriken - micheus - 06-12-2017

Nice one Marcin.
Thanks for share the step-by-step. I think it would be shared in the How To section.

Just to share other possibilities, there was an interesting discussion about this subject (but, a five points one) at the old Wings3D forum - Shuriken model - from 2011.
puzzledpaul offered us a couple of different options as well as I record five different approaches too. Biggrin
Wings3d: Making a Shuriken: method 1, method 2, method 3, method 4 and method 5

RE: Takeart|Shuriken - Marcin Maćkowiak - 06-13-2017

Thanks for your comment micheus.

I'm glad that I have made it in the different way. I didn't saw these methods earlier Biggrin

RE: Takeart|Shuriken - micheus - 06-13-2017

Yeah, we always can find a new way to build the same object. I had been playing with Wings3d for two years that time and now, six years later I would probably try a different approach. As me we knows the tool's more possibilities we can see. Smile

You found a simple way to do it.

RE: Takeart|Shuriken - Marcin Maćkowiak - 06-14-2017

(06-13-2017, 11:38 PM)micheus Wrote: Yeah, we always can find a new way to build the same object. I had been playing with Wings3d for two years that time and now, six years later I would probably try a different approach. As me we knows the tool's more possibilities we can see. Smile

That's why I love so much 3D world. Because it's never boring even If you do the same project you can always do It using new methods and ideas etc. Smile

RE: Takeart|Shuriken - Hank - 06-14-2017

Hi Marcin,

Excellent work!
Could you share with details about textures?
Shuriken looks like cloud/noise from Blender and the tree is the same or made from reference photo?

BR, Hank

RE: Takeart|Shuriken - olve11 - 06-14-2017

Simple and useful tutorial, congrats Marcin ! Cool

RE: Takeart|Shuriken - Marcin Maćkowiak - 06-15-2017

Thanks guys for your comments Smile
(06-14-2017, 12:54 PM)Hank Wrote: Hi Marcin,

Excellent work!
Could you share with details about textures?
Shuriken looks like cloud/noise from Blender and the tree is the same or made from reference photo?

BR, Hank

I'm not sure if I catch what you mean.

Tree and shuriken is as model 3D. The background (blurred) is added in photoshop.
If you type in google shuriken there is a first image of shuriken - I took it as reference texture. For a tree I have got a texture from somewhere I don't remember (it was in my texture library).

Shuriken may look green because of reflections from leaves. Smile

Greetings