Wings 3D Development Forum
Wings 2.2.4 release - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Wings 2.2.4 release (/showthread.php?tid=2811)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Wings 2.2.4 release - Agent-0013 - 09-18-2019

The "Model_Name_AUV" does not show in the Outliner Window. I keep that window up as part of my onscreen layout, because as I create materials for the different areas of my models, they get added to the Outliner list. I am able to select those areas via the context sensitive menu that pops up when I right click on a material name. In 2.1.5, the Make External does show on the menu when I right click on the name generated in the Outliner by the UV map when I initiate the Create Texture command. In 2.2.4, that name does not appear for me on my computer for some reason, and I have been doing UV mapping in Wings 3D since 1.4.1. I know exactly how to do the whole process. I do appreciate what the two of you are saying, but I know how it is supposed to work as well as you guys do, and for me, it is not working in 2.2.4.

Apologies for making you think I am stressed. I still have my stable 2.1.5 installed and it can do the UV mapping for whatever I do in 2.2.4, so all is not lost. As much as I don't like doing things that way, I can do so for now.

Perhaps my download of 2.2.4 was corrupted somehow. If you guys say that the UV mapping system is still working as it always has, I must believe you. I think I'll work on getting a fresh download, after uninstalling this one, to see if I can get it working better.

RE: Wings 2.2.4 release - micheus - 09-18-2019

Please share a screenshot of the Wings3D"s windows (mainly including the AutoUV with that "problematic " material and the outliner window.

It's hard to argue about something we cannot see. This way we can try to understand what is wrong and if there is a "hidden" bug.

RE: Wings 2.2.4 release - Agent-0013 - 09-19-2019

OK, I will share a screenshot; but really I finally figure it out on my own. There is a change that was not in any of my earlier versions of Wings 3D. That change was not mentioned in anything I read in this forum, which admittedly is not much more than this thread and those that links were posted for me to follow. The change is in the Outliner window itself, which is why I could not find the correct image to export. In versions 2.1.5 and 2.1.7 the Outliner did not have the little squares with the + or - in them. The Create Texture command made a new titled material appear with the auv suffix added. Another one also appeared that was always at the bottom of the list with the same title. Right clicking on the second one brought the menu up with the Make External command on it.

2.2.4, and I suspect some of the most recent previous versions have the small squares containing a + or - next to the text of certain things on the list in the Outliner window. Clicking on one with the + in it reveals a secondary list item. This was not alluded to in any comments I have read here. It is the hidden secondary list item found by clicking the + square of the item_auv that has the menu item Make External.

So now, if you will recall in a previous comment I posted here, I did ask "Am I missing something here?" None of the replies I received here pointed me to the answer. I did however discover it myself. What I did was open 2.2.4 and do a quick test model, similar to the one shown in this screenshot. I worked quickly toward the UV mapping stage, and then completed the UV mapping. Upon doing the Create Texture command, I then examined the Outliner window more carefully. When I discovered those squares containing the + or -, that gave me the clue I needed, and sure enough it revealed what I wanted.

Thanks for sticking it out with me on this.

Here is the screenshot:

RE: Wings 2.2.4 release - micheus - 09-19-2019

(09-19-2019, 12:58 AM)Agent-0013 Wrote: So now, if you will recall in a previous comment I posted here, I did ask "Am I missing something here?" None of the replies I received here pointed me to the answer. I did however discover it myself.
Sorry, but I never would think to answer that question with a reference to this "+"/"-" thing (they means Expand and Collapse tree). It's a window control (tree view) you find everywhere in any OS.

Anyway, good you figured it out. Smile