Wings 3D Development Forum
[stand-by] Image viewer cashes Wings3D on Linux - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [stand-by] Image viewer cashes Wings3D on Linux (/showthread.php?tid=2899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Povray crash Linux v2.2.5 - nigec - 01-28-2020

I think I can safely say its a my system issue as 2.1.7 also does it, its the version from the Debian/Raspbian repository and installed from the add/remove software app, I would of thought someone would of mentioned it before if it was a Raspbian thing

RE: Povray crash Linux v2.2.5 - micheus - 01-28-2020

nigec, In what I read in the POV-Ray log in your first post:
Quote:...
using 2 thread(s) with 1.116 CPU-seconds total
JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 372, caller expects 376
JPEG parameter struct mismatch: library thinks size is 372, caller expects 376
Render failed
Render is failing there - at POV-Ray - it's not related to Wings3D at all.

The only linux distro we can ensure Wings3D will working is those based on Ubuntu, for which we provide an official version building. For any other distros problems must be investigated by those who are building it (there is a plenty of distros out of there).

So, I'm not going to consider that a Wings3D bug that needs to be checked and I going to move it to the Bug Reports for the record.

If I use an external viewer povray works just fine, with bmp, png, or jpg, wings doesn't crash because its not displaying an image

Like I said, just leave it and see if it crops up again for anyone else, from what I can see its a miss match for the libjepg headers causing the struct problem..

feel free to delete this topic, honestly I think its my system.
Raspbian works well for what I need, Lubuntu or similar run to slow for my day to day work, I only use Wings on it for trying the features and the tutorials

RE: Povray crash Linux v2.2.5 - Phil92 - 01-28-2020

Hi Micheus, hi Nigec

POVRAY 3.7 not working in Wings3d 2.2.5 (i don't know why) but is working well in Wings3d 2.2.4 and 2.1.5. but with a little mistake, when you registred the name of our POVRAY render file, make sure there are no spaces in any path name or file name (ex : my render file.png >> my_render_file.png)

I've install POVRAY 3.7 in my XUBUNTU 18.04 with the command line below :
sudo apt-get install povray

I've install OpenCl in my XUBUNTU 18.0 with the command line below :
sudo apt install ocl-icd-opencl-dev

More informations :
https://askubuntu.com/questions/796770/how-to-install-libopencl-so-on-ubuntu

I've make Povray folder with the command lines below :

mkdir .povray
cd .povray
mkdir 3.7
cd 3.7
cp /etc/povray/3.7/povray.conf povray.conf
cp /etc/povray/3.7/povray.ini povray.ini

Open in text editor ~/.povray/3.7/povray.conf

edit:
[Permitted Paths]
;read = "/this/directory/contains space caracters"
read* = %INSTALLDIR%/include
read* = %INSTALLDIR%/scenes
read* = %INSTALLDIR%/../../etc
read+write* = %HOME%
read+write* = /tmp
read+write = .

More informations :
http://news.povray.org/povray.unix/thread/%3Cweb.530d2b3e803ff74b1411ad000%40news.povray.org%3E/

Best regards

PHIL

Quote:POVRAY 3.7 not working in Wings3d 2.2.5 (i don't know why)
Phil92, this is a little vague. Details?
- What is happening (or not happening)?
- Did you exported the file and tried to render you scene outside Wings3D - directly on POV-Ray app?
- Is there any message in the Log console?

... and even for Windows file names should be avoid to have spaces in the command line. If you check the log window you will see we just prepare a command line with parameters to be processed by POV-Ray. So, the rule is applied to it too.

Nigec, I'm not to delete the thread. I intend only to move it out of this session since it doesn't seems to be related to a v2.2.5 bug. Here we try to focus only in bugs we need to check and fix (if we can do that Smile)

Hello,

Another mistake with POVRAY 3.7 in Wings3d 2.1.5, you can crash Wings3d if you select (svga, hd, full hd) in dimension format camera in POV-Ray Export Options.

DV 720x576 > ok
VGA 640x480 > ok
SQUARED 320x320 > ok
STANDART MONITOR 320x240 > ok
VIEWPORT 1094x873 > ok
SET BY ASPECT RATIO > ok
CUSTOM > ok

Best regards

PHIL

so its the same problem I'm having
Phil92, try importing an image from "File/Import Image" bigger than 800x600

From Outliner RMB on the image you imported and click LMB "Show"
Does Wings crash? try a few different size images bigger than 640x480

Let's be objective or we cannot reach anywhere. Undecided

"Another mistake with POVRAY 3.7 in Wings3d 2.1.5, ..." and the previous "...not working in Wings3d 2.2.5" was not still clarified - I left some questions still no answered.

Hello,

OK i try to check the problem.

I've a created a basic scene in wings3d 2.1.5 and i run Povray rendering with basic format camera 320x240 in Wings3d 2.1.5, > all is correct (no crash)

I copy paste in my terminal console, the command line found in the Povray file generated by Wings3d 2.1.5

> povray untitled2_export.pov +W320 +H240 +FN +ountitled2.png > OK no problem (image correctly generated in my terminal console)

I increase the format output 2000 by 2000 pixel

> povray untitled2_export.pov +W2000 +H2000 +FN +ountitled2.png > OK no problem (image correctly generated in my terminal console)

I return in Wings3d 2.1.5 and i change to 2000x2000 pixels the format output camera custom in Povray renderer menu. Wings3d 2.5.1 crash when he tries to make the image appear.

I send the export pov in Zip file

Best regards

Phil

Micheus,

When i have installed Povray 3.7 in my Xubuntu with the command line > sudo apt-get install povray,

i've noticed when i start Wings3d 2.1.5 that POVRAY appeared in the file > menu > renderer > Pov-ray (.pov)...

I've clicked and the Pov ray export options window appeared... i didn't need to use the preferences plugin menu to specify the path of the executable. But if a check the path, there is written > povray

When i start Wings3d 2.5.5, Povray not appear in file > menu > renderer But if a check the executable path, there is written > povray

Best regards

PHIL

Thanks for testing and give me more info.

Just remembering something dgud already answered someone in the past: we don't provide a fix for past versions.

All the subsequent version contains the fix for the bugs reported and fixed for the previous release.

You are talking about v2.1.2 - we are at v2.2.5. Anyway, I still have an v2.1.4 installed and I'm using POV-Ray 3.7 at Windows (I believe the last official available for Linux is the 3.6.1). In this setup I don't have any problem getting a 2Kx2K image rendered.

What about your PC setup? How many memory do you have available to load this image?