Wings 3D Development Forum
[stand-by] Install Yafaray V3 in XUBUNTU 18.04 LTS - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [stand-by] Install Yafaray V3 in XUBUNTU 18.04 LTS (/showthread.php?tid=2900)

[stand-by] Install Yafaray V3 in XUBUNTU 18.04 LTS - Phil92 - 01-26-2020

Hello,

I'm a french newbie with wings3d and i'm working with Xubuntu 18.04 [Bionic Beaver] LTS.

I've installed wings3d 2.2.4, 2.2.5 and 2.1.5.

Yafaray V3 working well in my Xubuntu 18.04 but in the windows "Yafaray options", i have prefer copy/paste in Executable field > /home/*my personal folder*/Yafaray/yafaray_v3/bin/yafaray-xml

Same way in Yafaray Plugins Path field, copy/paste > /home/*my personal folder*/Yafaray/yafaray_v3/lib/yafaray-plugins/ and click OK.

Obviously this is my personal path, it's up to you to write your personal path.

Why ? Because the button "Browse" beside the Executable field, not work correctly (in my Xubuntu 18.04).

Thank you

Cheers

PHIL

RE: Install Yafaray V3 in XUBUNTU 18.04 LTS - micheus - 01-27-2020

Thank you Phil92 for report that.
I think all Yafaray users until now were only Windows owner. (including me) Smile

I'm going to try to check that.
But, once you stored that in the preferences file it must be available in any Wings3D version you starts, since that file will be shared by them.

RE: Install Yafaray V3 in XUBUNTU 18.04 LTS - Phil92 - 01-27-2020

Hello Micheus,

Thank you for your help.

I noticed some new text lines for Yafaray renderer in my file wings3d "preferences.txt" >

{{wpc_yafaray,dialogs},auto}.
{{wpc_yafaray,options},[]}.
{{wpc_yafaray,pluginspath},
"/home/djp92/Yafaray/yafaray_v3/lib/yafaray-plugins"}.
{{wpc_yafaray,renderer},"/home/djp92/Yafaray/yafaray_v3/bin/yafaray-xml"}.
{{wpc_yafaray,shader_type},shinydiffuse}.

obviously, the text "djp92" is the name for my "personnal folder" where i have created a folder Yafaray.

For the mistake concerning the browse button beside Excutable Field, I think it is because under Linux the executable files do not need to have the .exe extension on the filename.

Best regards

PHIL

RE: Install Yafaray V3 in XUBUNTU 18.04 LTS - micheus - 01-27-2020

Quote:For the mistake concerning the browse button beside Excutable Field, I think it is because under Linux the executable files do not need to have the .exe extension on the filename.
Probably.

I will need to prepare a Linux environment (in a VM) to check that. But, even the folder browse button (for plugin folder) doesn't works?

RE: Install Yafaray V3 in XUBUNTU 18.04 LTS - Phil92 - 01-27-2020

Micheus,

Yes, the button to browse for the plugin folder is work well in my Xubuntu 18.04,

I understood the solution for the executable path, when the path of the plugins was displayed correctly in the field.

Best regards

PHIL

RE: Install Yafaray V3 in XUBUNTU 18.04 LTS - nigec - 01-27-2020

I couldn't see or select the .xml extension, I had to add the path manually..
I think it just needs the file open dialog filter set to xml possibly?