Wings 3D Development Forum
Tools for PDF's - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Tools for PDF's (/showthread.php?tid=53)

Pages: 1 2

Tools for PDF's - oort - 11-24-2012

I am creating this thread to discuss tools for working with PDF's

For creating PDF's from any application FreePDF is great. FreePDF Website

A great command line utility for separating (bursting), merging, adding watermark, etc. get pdftk... pdftk website

To add PDF editing to Open Office you can add the PDF Import Extension... Open Office Extension. Note that each line of text in a paragraph is converted into a separate text box and the PDF is opened in Open Office Draw... Sad Hybrid PDF's will open with Open Office Write.

If someone knows of something free and better than the Open Office Extension for editing PDF's please post it.

oort

RE: Tools for PDF's - optigon - 11-25-2012

Depends on the purpose but I usually use online converters.

PDF -> HTML
HTML -> WIKI

or

PDF -> rtf
rtf -> WIKI

In this case because there are images included, I found the best was to use the second process.

For PDF -> rtf I used this website:
http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf-to-word-converter/

Then I opened the file in Libreoffice and exported to Mediawiki with a plugin. At this point I lost the images, but image tags were inserted.

I like online converters because you don't have to download, install, and then test.

Hope this helps.

RE: Tools for PDF's - oort - 11-27-2012

optigon,
Thanks for the link. It worked great. I had to reposition the images but other than that it was pretty close to the original.

Thanks again,
oort

RE: Tools for PDF's - greytery - 11-27-2012

Once the stuff is actually in WIKI format, then either wiki toolset caters for:
WIKI -> PDF

No doubt optigon has already checked the plug-ins, and has views on how easy they are to set up/maintain:
Mediawiki to pdf appears to work, and widely used in the vast but benevolent Wikimedia empire. Seen some Mediawiki->pdf output and the formatting in the pdf seems to be OK.
Docuwiki to pdf also available, seems to have some issues perhaps. Not seen any output to judge.

RE: Tools for PDF's - fjimage - 06-25-2013

i perfer pdf online converter vb.net too. i just open the file and process the pdf without downloading to the pc. i can view creat annotate and convert pdf freely.

Never had a problem with LibreOffice ... - ggaliens - 06-25-2013

Never had a problem with LibreOffice ...

Export as PDF was there ... right out of the box.

LbreOffice seemed to be the follow-on project for OpenOffice.

Anyway. It works.

RE: Tools for PDF's - micheus - 06-25-2013

(06-25-2013, 09:12 AM)fjimage Wrote: i perfer pdf online converter vb.net too. i just open the file and process the pdf without downloading to the pc.
I don't like the idea about my documents be "shared" with I don't know who and that I don't know what will do with it. Dodgy
I just don't like cloud computing for some situations - I still want have control about my things. Smile

RE: Tools for PDF's - micheus - 07-09-2013

(07-09-2013, 05:44 AM)arronlee Wrote: I am a green hand on this field, ...
Talking about the "green", I know these two green PDFs tools:
- WWF
- GreenPDF

RE: Tools for PDF's - Nana111 - 03-07-2014

HI there
That exactly what i am looking for.I am looking for a free pdf processing tool which supports to create or convert PDF files directly.My previous tool is a little bit expensive for me.These tools should be possible to work with my windows 8 setup.Thanks for any suggestions.

RE: Tools for PDF's - joesee - 03-13-2014

Thanks. This is a great pdf tool. Anyway, is it safe since it is stored online?

(06-25-2013, 09:12 AM)fjimage Wrote: i perfer pdf online converter vb.net too. i just open the file and process the pdf without downloading to the pc. i can view creat annotate and convert pdf freely.