Wings 3D Development Forum
Desktopsimmer's Models - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Gallery (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Desktopsimmer's Models (/showthread.php?tid=57)

Pages: 1 2 3

Desktopsimmer's Models - desktopsimmer - 11-25-2012

Hi, I've been using Wings3D for years now. Don't ask exactly when, as I seriously can't remember Smile

I first started using Wings3D to create a couple of gliders for "Condor Soaring Simulator". I then created the Mid-Deck for a simulator called "Space Shuttle Simulator 2007".

[Image: 038.jpg]
Mid-decK

My current projects are focused around the Space Shuttle and creating models for an iPhone/iPad/Android Space Shuttle landing simulator called "F-Sim Space Shuttle" by Sascha Ledinsky. So far, the basic external model has been used in the simulator. However, there are more models in the pipeline for a new simulator. An NDA prevents me from saying what that is Wink

[Image: ipad_screenshot2_thumb.jpg]
F-sim Space Shuttle Screen Shot

I'm working on improving the current model, giving it a working payload bay. I've also started to complete the interior of the Orbiter, as well as other Space Shuttle related models.

[Image: 20121124_external_01.png]
External Model with Payload bay

[Image: 10.jpg]
Flight-Deck

[Image: blogger-image--1289381191.jpg]
External Tank and Solid Rocket Boosters

Another model I've created is the Space Station MIR:

[Image: Render01.png]

[Image: Render02.png]

[Image: Render03.png]

RE: Desktopsimmer's Models - Geta-Ve - 11-25-2012

Great job! No critiques from me. Smile

RE: Desktopsimmer's Models - oort - 11-25-2012

Very nice work. Good to see the old space shuttle living on in the digital world... Smile I hope Wings3D gets mention in the credits so that others will join us.

oort

RE: Desktopsimmer's Models - desktopsimmer - 11-25-2012

Thanks Smile seriously I think wings3D is one of the best 3D applications around. So easy to pickup and use.

I'll ask about a mention in the credits and web URL Wink. Might not make in this release as we're about release a bug/patch version soon.

Some of the images haven't appeared. I'll sort that out later.

RE: Desktopsimmer's Models - Stab In The Dark Software - 11-26-2012

Very nice, I really like the detail. You would almost think its the real shuttle and space station.

RE: Desktopsimmer's Models - optigon - 11-26-2012

Very nice! Great to see Wings being used professionally Smile

RE: Desktopsimmer's Models - desktopsimmer - 11-27-2012

Thanks Smile My Space Shuttle project started off as a hobby and still is. I think with all the payload bay configurations, launch towers, buildings and peripheral equipment, this will be a long term hobby. It great that Sascha gave me a chance to actually use my models Smile

RE: Desktopsimmer's Models - desktopsimmer - 12-08-2012

I've started on the Mobile Launcher Platform. One thing that would make my life easier would be a pipe/path command Wink

Great if I added the images Smile

The Viper MKII from BSG. Still a work in progress. Yet to do: Wings, engine exhaust, underside, cockpit