Wings 3D Development Forum
[1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug (/showthread.php?tid=603)

Pages: 1 2

[1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - RyMopar - 03-04-2014

When trying to render any model that has been UV mapped and contains either the UV or normalmap, or both, within wings and selected as diffuse or normal, Pov-ray fails to render with any settings.

For anyone else who experiences this problem, a current workaround is to manually specify the location of the images in the material properties.

Pics for reference
[Image: NnV4WOz.png]
[Image: O48Bilu.png]

RE: [1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - micheus - 03-05-2014

(03-04-2014, 08:25 PM)RyMopar Wrote: manually specify the location of the images in the material properties.
It works that way - you always need to fill that fields.
But, I think it shouldn't fail render the image - your render just would not use the textures.

RE: [1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - RyMopar - 03-05-2014

In the previous version (1.4.1) this function worked completely, without manually specifying the locations of the texture files. I just thought I'd point this out since it's something that used to work that no longer does.

In 1.4.1,
[Image: g5yL5vJ.png]
result
[Image: yc2V2of.png]

RE: [1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - micheus - 03-05-2014

[post edited]
Ok, just now I noticed that you had set the Texture->Pigment of POV material to diffuse. Blush
Thanks for report.

I did some tests and the problem is related to the file extension in the image name loaded. Just edit the file name in the Outline window (removing it).

That was introduced when "fixed" an issue reported for 1.4.1 version:
Quote:- Images loaded by “Import Image” now preserve its file extension
in its name shown in the Outline window as already is done by using
“Make External”.[Micheus]
By checking the output file exported by POV plugin it seems that it always define textures statement to use PNG file, but for some reason a file called "<image>.jpg.png" isn't created and can't be found by the POV render.

RE: [1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - RyMopar - 03-06-2014

That did it, thanks.

RE: [1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - micheus - 03-06-2014

I fixed it.
Please download the POV-ray.tar from my Google Drive and install the plug-in using the option File->Intall Plugin.

Please install it an check if is all ok now. Wink

p.s. There is a minor issue I found during my tests related to write files in a relative path. I already fixed that but will be available in a new version of Wings3D.

RE: [1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - RyMopar - 03-06-2014

I just gave this a try, but it seems it still doesn't want to render if the file extension is in the name of the image still. It does still work if the extension is removed from the image name though.

RE: [1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - oort - 03-06-2014

RyMopar and Micheus,
It looks like the tar file is not set up right. Using File > Install plugin is putting the plugin under plugins\plugins\import_export instead of plugins\import_export. I bet that Wings3d is still reading the old beam file instead of the new one installed by File > Install plugin... Sad

oort

RE: [1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - micheus - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 08:57 PM)oort Wrote: It looks like the tar file is not set up right. Using File > Install plugin is putting the plugin under plugins\plugins\import_export instead of plugins\import_export.
My bad. You can download it again please.

Since I lose my flash-drive (pen-drive) with all my old dev. env. I'm working on to put everything OK. I had made a script for that and it seems I rewrote it wrong. Undecided

RE: [1.5.2] Pov-ray export bug - oort - 03-07-2014

Micheus,
That fixed it... Smile

Thanks,
oort