Wings 3D Development Forum
A new release - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: A new release (/showthread.php?tid=667)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: A new release - Fonte Boa - 04-10-2014

Micheus, as the prior release, i could found preferences.txt in the following folder:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Wings3D\

I am using Windows 7. I hope this can be useful to you.

RE: A new release - MikeJ - 04-11-2014

Just had a crash while I was literally doing nothing but staring at the screen trying to decide what to do next. I had just done several undos and then stopped for a bit and poof:

Dump written 2014-4-10_17-45
Version: 1.5.3
Window: autosaver
Reason: function_clause

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
[{gb_trees,get_1,[current_view,nil],[{file,"gb_trees.erl"},{line,239}]},
{wings_view,export_views,1,[{file,"wings_view.erl"},{line,1391}]},
{wings_ff_wings,export,2,[{file,"wings_ff_wings.erl"},{line,628}]},
{wings_file,autosave,1,[{file,"wings_file.erl"},{line,589}]},
{wings_file,autosave_event,3,[{file,"wings_file.erl"},{line,574}]},
{wings_wm,handle_event,3,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,825}]},
{wings_wm,send_event,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,797}]},
{wings_wm,do_dispatch,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,698}]}]

RE: A new release - Fonte Boa - 04-11-2014

Same crash reported by MikeJ here. I was moving a vertices selection and, when i release the mouse, puf! Wings closed without any message... This seems related to the time set to AutoSave (Edit/Preferences>Misc).

Dump written 2014-4-10_22-18
Version: 1.5.3
Window: autosaver
Reason: function_clause

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
{wings_ff_wings,export,2,[{file,"wings_ff_wings.erl"},{line,628}]},
{wings_file,autosave,1,[{file,"wings_file.erl"},{line,589}]},
{wings_file,autosave_event,3,[{file,"wings_file.erl"},{line,574}]},
{wings_wm,handle_event,3,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,825}]},
{wings_wm,send_event,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,797}]},
{wings_wm,do_dispatch,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,698}]}]

EDIT: Exactly this! I reduced the AutoSave time to 1 minute, just to test, and after this Wings closed without any message...

RE: A new release - micheus - 04-11-2014

MickJ, you are reporting the same bug as oort had reported. I also commented it. As dgud suggested it's caused by my "autosave unsaved project". At this moment I can't check it. So, in order to not get this crash is necessary to manually save the file before the time for the autosave happen. (first time naming a new project)

I also think that autosave process is nothing working after that. Sorry about that, but this didn't happens before as I showed in the video.

RE: A new release - oort - 04-11-2014

I have tested all the updates that I could. Nvidia OpenCL smooth preview is one I cannot test since I do not have an Nvidia video card.

I cannot test Mac jpeg import either.

All Micheus updates except for Autosave are working based on my quick tests.

oort

RE: A new release - MikeJ - 04-11-2014

(04-11-2014, 01:31 AM)micheus Wrote: MickJ, you are reporting the same bug as oort had reported. I also commented it. As dgud suggested it's caused by my "autosave unsaved project". At this moment I can't check it. So, in order to not get this crash is necessary to manually save the file before the time for the autosave happen. (first time naming a new project)

Actually I was working in a file that I have been working in for many weeks now (so it has been saved previously many times). It is not a new, blank project.

I have just done a little bit of experimenting and took a page out of oort's book and reduced the auto save time to one minute. Wings3D crashes to desktop as soon as the autosave would have initiated even with my weeks-old project file loaded.

I then reopened wings and the file again, made a small change, did a manual save of the file, and then did another small change and waited. Approximately 1 minute later wings crashed to desktop again. So manually saving does not solve the problem. It seems the autosave is crashing Wings3D regardless of what file is loaded.

I then tried opening other wings files just to see if they would behave the same and they do. My 1.5.3 is crashing whenever autosave initiates on any file, new or old.

I then reopened the file, left the autosave time at 10 minutes but unchecked the autosave functionality thinking that that would solve the problem. I then went to work thinking I was fine. I just lost 10 minutes worth of work. LOL

Next I reopened the file, open preferences and set the time to one minute but left the automatic save box checked. I then hit OK. I then went immediately back into the preferences and unchecked the automatic save box. One minute later, crash. So it seems like we still have control over the amount of time but we don't have control over whether automatic saving is on or off.

Restarting Wings3D seems to make the autosave successfully disable. If I uncheck the autosave box, click OK, close Wings3D and then restart the application, the autosave does successfully disable. Perhaps this is the way it is supposed to be? I assumed that when I change a preference setting and click the OK button that the preference would be saved?

RE: A new release - dgud - 04-11-2014

Micheus I think you are looking at the wrong thing, this seems to indicate that it not the autosave feature in it self that crashes, but the export views?

It is then triggered by the autosave, but perhaps something was bad in mv/save_current_camera patch
that was also merged.

RE: A new release - micheus - 04-11-2014

(04-11-2014, 06:46 AM)dgud Wrote: It is then triggered by the autosave, but perhaps something was bad in mv/save_current_camera patch
that was also merged.
yeah, but by doing what I said people will not get crash and can keep testing the program. I'm out of city and I don't have way to check that now - just tomorrow.

RE: A new release - dgud - 04-11-2014

I have made a fix wings_file.beam is available at the Dropbox link.

If no one finds anything else I hope I can make a new release during the weekend.

RE: A new release - Fonte Boa - 04-11-2014

Dgud, i've replaced the beam file you provided, but, after the time set in preferences/misc to auto-save, Wings freezes with the following message:

[Image: autosave_zps837a6409.jpg]

I had to close the program using Windows resources...

EDIT: i set auto-save time to 1 minute and after that i got that message a first time and clicked "ok". After 1 more minute, no mouse cursor and force Wings exit... That is all.