Wings 3D Development Forum
Git master updated - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programming (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Git master updated (/showthread.php?tid=77)

Git master updated - optigon - 12-01-2012

Just wanted to announce that the dgud's master branch was updated to include rj/preview_dialogs.

Those of you who have branches not yet added to the master should rebase them, fix any conflicts, and push them to your github origin.

To do this properly you should have dgud's github repo added as a remote. To add dgud as a remote, go to your local Wings git directory and run:
Code:
git remote add dgud git://github.com/dgud/wings.git
git fetch dgud

Then checkout one of your branches to be updated:
Code:
git checkout my/branch

Update your branch:
Code:
git rebase dgud/master

Fix conflicts manually if necessary. They are tagged in the source with <<<<<<< (irc). Git walks you through the process, as I remeber... I think you add the changed files and commit the changes.

When the merge conflicts with the current master are resolved, squash you commits into a single commit and add a NOTE.

I believe the procedure in described (and perhaps better) at Bjorn's github in the wiki section. https://github.com/bjorng/wings/wiki/_pages

If Preview Dialogs didn't break your branches the next round of changes might Wink

After you've updated any branches that should be pushed to the master immediatly, list them in this thread for review.

Only list branches that you have personally reviewed in regards to style, merge conflicts, and bugs.

I want to start the next round of changes soon and would like all current changes submitted for review.

Let's do this together so we're all on the same master.

RE: Git master updated - optigon - 12-01-2012

I have 2 branches to submit:

RE: Git master updated - Fonte Boa - 12-01-2012

When will it there be a beta-release for non-programmers wingers? Smile

Anyway, congratulations for what i imagine is a great work, as always, Optigon. Smile

RE: Git master updated - micheus - 12-02-2012

Optigon Wrote:Those of you who have branches not yet added to the master should rebase them, fix any conflicts, and push them to your github origin.
I prefer to update my master branch with that one of the main dev, then I don't need take care about to point from where to get the master branch (dgud/master):
Code:
$ git fetch dgud
$ git checkout master
$ git reset --hard dgud/master
Then, for each one of my branches I use only:
Code:
$ git rebase master

... and about dgud/pu branch - the branches already added to it - will we need to do the same procedure?
I'm doing it and I hope that doesn't break anything.

RE: Git master updated - micheus - 12-03-2012

Optigon, just to inform, there are still some warnings in master branch:
Code:
/wings/PLUGIN~1/PRIMIT~1/wpc_cylinder.erl:200: Warning: function get_pref/2 is unused

/wings/PLUGIN~1/commands/wpc_numeric_camera.erl:87: Warning: variable 'Az0' is unused
/wings/PLUGIN~1/commands/wpc_numeric_camera.erl:87: Warning: variable 'El0' is unused

RE: Git master updated - optigon - 12-04-2012

(12-03-2012, 12:44 AM)micheus Wrote: Optigon, just to inform, there are still some warnings in master branch:
Code:
/wings/PLUGIN~1/PRIMIT~1/wpc_cylinder.erl:200: Warning: function get_pref/2 is unused

/wings/PLUGIN~1/commands/wpc_numeric_camera.erl:87: Warning: variable 'Az0' is unused
/wings/PLUGIN~1/commands/wpc_numeric_camera.erl:87: Warning: variable 'El0' is unused

Thanks!
Added rj/fixes branch to solve the compiling errors.

The pu branch will not be merged directly with the master at this point.
The branches from the pu will have to be rebased individually before they can be added to the master.

Nice work on all the bug fixes Smile

RE: Git master updated - micheus - 12-04-2012

Optigon, I finished re-basing all my pulled requests. (rebuild and tested everyone)

I'm working in an other kind of control for dialogs, but I'm not sure I will end if before you start merging wings branches.

RE: Git master updated - TulipVorlax - 12-09-2012

I dont have Git locally. I use the web site. Blush
Beside, i think my git only have one new file (wings.lang).