Wings 3D Development Forum
Wings Snapshot - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Design & Development (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Wings Snapshot (/showthread.php?tid=97)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Wings Snapshot - Fonte Boa - 12-13-2012

Bug 1
The command "Rename" in Selection Group window crashes Wings.

Bug 2
Start Wings, open Selection Group and/or Saved Views windows, close Wings and restart it again.

Dump file 1:

Dump written 2012-12-12_22-19
Version: 1.5.pre1.38.g62be8
Window: geom
Reason: function_clause

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
[{wings,move_windows,
[[{wpc_views_win,{{plugin,saved_views},
{198,438},
{153,230},
[{rollup,false}]}},
{wpc_sel_win,{{plugin,sel_groups},
{177,191},
{153,230},
[{rollup,false}]}}]],
[{file,"wings.erl"},{line,1717}]},
{wings,handle_event_3,2,[{file,"wings.erl"},{line,434}]},
{wings_wm,handle_event,3,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,824}]},
{wings_wm,send_event,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,796}]},
{wings_wm,do_dispatch,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,698}]},
{wings_wm,get_and_dispatch,0,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,612}]},
{wings,init,1,[{file,"wings.erl"},{line,148}]}]

------------------

Dump file 2

Dump written 2012-12-12_22-20
Version: 1.5.pre1.38.g62be8
Window: geom
Reason: function_clause

Short stack trace:
[]

Long stack trace:
[{wings,move_windows,
[[{wpc_sel_win,{{plugin,sel_groups},
{168,105},
{153,230},
[{rollup,false}]}}]],
{wings,handle_event_3,2,[{file,"wings.erl"},{line,434}]},
{wings_wm,handle_event,3,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,824}]},
{wings_wm,send_event,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,796}]},
{wings_wm,do_dispatch,2,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,698}]},
{wings_wm,get_and_dispatch,0,[{file,"wings_wm.erl"},{line,612}]},
{wings,init,1,[{file,"wings.erl"},{line,148}]}]

This isnt specific of this snapshot: can be reproduced in stable release too (1.4.1)

Start Wings, create a second Geometry window.

Create a cube in the left Geometry window
Select a face and call (for example) Rmb .Move.
Try to select any edge (secondary selection) to indicate the operation axis: Wings doesnt allow this

Try to select any edge and execute using a single Rmb click:
Wings becomes unstable and user has to close Erlang window to re-start Wings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVn8KWpU3FA&feature=youtu.be

RE: Wings Snapshot - Geta-Ve - 12-13-2012

I don't mind the vert display for magnets, though two things come to mind.

1. An option to change the influence colours, blue and black seem awful hard to differentiate on my screen.

2. If you are going with vert display, why not go all the way? replace the current transparent blue circle with an interactively adjusted vert display. This would give you a better sense, in the immediate, as to what 'will be' affected.

<< replace the current transparent blue circle with an interactively adjusted vert display. This would give you a better sense, in the immediate, as to what 'will be' affected. >>

Definitely i cant agree with this: blue circle is a clean and soft way to visualize Tweak Magnet influence, without polute the model visualization by represent each vertex weight by little blue-black squares. The solution i suggested to Micheus is to make the new magnet vert display optional, by putting an option in Tweak/Preferences.

RE: Wings Snapshot - micheus - 12-13-2012

(12-13-2012, 12:42 AM)oort Wrote: I just noticed that Micheus's work on sculpt has not been added to the snapshot release. Will this be added?
It was. But, I thought better about it and I closed my pull request. (maybe in the future Wink)

RE: Wings Snapshot - oort - 12-13-2012

Micheus,
At a minimum, would you want to implement the changes to blue sphere radius adjustment, and strength? I am speaking of the changes that synchronized the adjustment methods used in tweak and sculpt.

Maybe it is too messy to only do those changes???
Just curious... Smile

oort

(12-11-2012, 09:51 PM)dgud Wrote: But I got this when testing the new windows (Micheus please fix):

Long stack trace:
[{wings,move_windows,
[[{wpc_views_win,{{plugin,saved_views},
{1825,0},
{144,374},
[{rollup,false}]}},
{wpc_sel_win,{{plugin,sel_groups},
{1826,397},
{144,374},
[{rollup,false}]}}]],
It's just because part of my changes was not added to pu branch. There were changes to wings.erl that is not present in it.

I made this changes for both pull request: saved_view_win and select_win. My code is OK.

RE: Wings Snapshot - Geta-Ve - 12-13-2012

(12-13-2012, 01:53 PM)Fonte Boa Wrote: << replace the current transparent blue circle with an interactively adjusted vert display. This would give you a better sense, in the immediate, as to what 'will be' affected. >>

Definitely i cant agree with this: blue circle is a clean and soft way to visualize Tweak Magnet influence, without polute the model visualization by represent each vertex weight by little blue-black squares. The solution i suggested to Micheus is to make the new magnet vert display optional, by putting an option in Tweak/Preferences.

The current blue circle doesn't give you an entirely accurate representation of what geometry is being influenced, especially on curved surfaces.

Whatever ends up happening, I definitely agree that it should be optional.

Quote:The current blue circle doesn't give you an entirely accurate representation of what geometry is being influenced

but it keeps the geometry visualization clean during Tweak operations. Wink

Anyway, the ideal is to have the best of both worlds: keeping this new visualization optional by adding an option in Tweak/Preferences.

EDIT
As i know a little Micheus, i think he is yet working in the code (i reported in this thread a bug with new magnet visualization, so he has a good reason Biggrin ).
Imo a better behaviour is to just show the affected vertices DURING the magnet radius adjust; once adjusted, they wont be shown while tweak operations, but at any time user adjust the magnet radius they will be shown again.
This is my suggestion if this new mag view cant be optional.

(12-13-2012, 02:50 PM)oort Wrote: Maybe it is too messy to only do those changes???
Just curious... Smile
No. I took note. But, it's low priority at this moment.

(12-13-2012, 01:22 AM)Fonte Boa Wrote: Bug 1
The command "Rename" in Selection Group window crashes Wings.
It was fixed as I told in this thread and I added two new options as required: Delete All and Remove Invalid Groups (pushed here: mv/select_win)

(12-13-2012, 01:22 AM)Fonte Boa Wrote: Bug 2
Start Wings, open Selection Group and/or Saved Views windows, close Wings and restart it again.
Already commented before (post #26)

Quote:I added two new options as required: Delete All and Remove Invalid Groups

Thanks, Micheus: both very useful. Smile