Wings 3D Development Forum
[fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) (/showthread.php?tid=1360)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [not a bug] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) - micheus - 09-19-2015

The wrong message was already fixed as dgud said in post #7.

Thanks for report it.

RE: [fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) - ubiquity - 09-20-2015

How then, given I am running OpenGL 1.4 do I get Wings 3D V2.01 to launch. As I said I get the "requires OpenGL 1.2 or higher message and launching Wings 3D aborts.

RE: [fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) - micheus - 09-20-2015

It was reported after Wings3d v2.0.1 be release; it was fixed and will be available only when the next v2.0.2 be released.

Remember, this is a development release in which many things have been changed in Wings3d core. We need it tested at each stage and we thanks everyone who has been testing it, but the only stable version is still the v1.5.4. Smile
Also, any version of Wings3d can coexists, so you can install both - stable and the test one.

Anyway, I'm sharing the wings_gl.beam for replacement. It should be placed in a fold like this: C:\Program Files\wings3d_2.0.1\lib\wings-2.0.1\ebin.
But I have to say that fixing the message you will no longer be able to use the v2.0.1, since your OpenGL version is not proper for it. Wink

RE: [fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) - ubiquity - 09-20-2015

Thanks micheus - yes I appreciate it is a development release. So, from what you say OpenGL v1.4 is also not supported beyond Wings 3D v1.5.4.
Thats ok - I am upgrading from my netbook anyway but was curious as to how far I could stretch my existing system since I am still only doing very basic modeling tasks.

RE: [fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) - micheus - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 08:28 AM)ubiquity Wrote: So, from what you say OpenGL v1.4 is also not supported beyond Wings 3D v1.5.4.
Until the v2.0.0 only OpenGL 1.2. was required.

RE: [fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) - c-sanchez - 08-22-2016

I have now OpenGL 3 and Windows XP SP3, and I get the error "Failed to start Wings 3D: 193" with Wings 3D 2.0.5.

RE: [fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) - dgud - 08-23-2016

Windows XP SP3? I don't think the compiler supports that anymore, that is really old..

RE: [fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) - c-sanchez - 08-23-2016

Some really important reason to don't support it?
Wings 3D from versions 2 is using wxWidgets, i guess version 3, no? at least this support Windows XP.

Really i don't like see things like "as Microsoft stop the Windows xyz support, my software will do the same...", this is a f*cking reason, on the future, the same to windows 7, 8, 10, etc... but well, that is another topic.

Ok, i guess is some error on latest Wings builds, the wings-2.0.1 is the last working on XP.

RE: [fixed] Wings 3D v2.0.1 (OpenGL version check error?) - dgud - 08-24-2016

New versions of erlang for windows is build with Microsoft's Visual Studio 2013.

We need to use new versions of erlang because of bug-fixes in wxWidgets handling in erlang,
but we can not support things we can not test, we as in Micheus and me don't have infinite time and
computers to build and test wings.
And supporting old things cost us time. And since XP (and Vista) is really old now I don't see a reason
to support it. They are dead, very few users use them.

If you want to build and debug wings on XP you can do so but I can't help you.