Wings 3D Development Forum
Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? (/showthread.php?tid=192)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - Chiran - 02-23-2013

re-installing it.. and yes the dll was checked

this time when I started it another window opened as well (before it crashed)and it had writing in it..

Erlang R14B01 (erts-5.8.2) [rq:1] [async-threads:0]

Eshell V5.8.2 (abort with ^G)
1> Trying OpenGL modes
[{buffer_size,32},{depth_size,32},{stencil_size,8},{accum_size,16}]

and it was while looking at this that the program crashed...

RE: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - micheus - 02-25-2013

(02-23-2013, 11:01 AM)Chiran Wrote: this time when I started it another window opened as well (before it crashed)and it had writing in it..
That is the werl.exe window. There was a small progress.

I notice you tried to install the version 1.4.1. The window content for this window would be like that:
Code:
Erlang R14B01 (erts-5.8.2) [rq:1] [async-threads:0]

Eshell V5.8.2  (abort with ^G)
1> wings-1.4.1
Reading preferences from: c:/Users/Micheus/AppData/Roaming/Wings3D/Preferences.txt
Trying OpenGL modes
  [{buffer_size,32},{depth_size,32},{stencil_size,8},{accum_size,16}]
Actual: RGBA: 8 8 8 0 Depth: 24 Stencil: 8 Accum: 16 16 16 16
Using GPU shaders.
and yours is a little different. It stopped before concluding the OpenGL checking/initialization.

Is there any chance you try the wings-1.4.1.137.g5ee2.exe? It has some bug fixes.
Also, did you checked if are you using the latest graphic card drivers? (Information on AMD Mobility Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Microsoft® Windows®)

RE: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - Chiran - 02-25-2013

I am using the latest.. unless they have come out with new ones the last month.. had to update them just to be able to play wow..

RE: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - Chiran - 03-02-2013

and it still doesnt work Sad

RE: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - shayna_lynn - 03-25-2013

I'm having the exact same issue right down to the read out in the erlang window. The work space window never opens. I have a windows 7 64 bit with an I7 870X CPU and a GTX 670 GPU. I've tried various versions of wings and they all do the same thing as 141 Sad

EDIT: OK, I got it to work YAY!!!! I use skins on my windows OS, I normally disable the skinning of my graphic programs as this can cause glitches for some of them. I had disabled the skinning of Wings 3d .exe, but not werl.exe. Once adding werl.exe to the per application list of windowblinds(skinning software) It worked fine Biggrin

RE: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - oort - 03-25-2013

shayna_lynn,
Welcome to Wings3D. Glad you got it working on your system. Also, thanks for sharing your solution. Interesting that skinning software caused the problem. I hope it helps others... Smile

oort

RE: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - Justanother1 - 04-24-2013

64-bit Wooooo Nice !!! Runs fine for me .. Thank you Thank you Thank you ... got a little problem though ..... I need my plugin back!! Mark, Buddy!! Polygon-Select expand to Charted Region ... I use it so much I have on Keyboard short-cut!!! .. Anything we can do here ??

RE: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - ggaliens - 04-24-2013

Justanother ... come to ManifoldLab section. Repost your request.

Yes ... I can get that for you Just another. Or you can go all power-user on my and "TRY" the experimental.tar file and see if it fits you needs. I know that distro has a few items broken for reasons yet TBD. Shape extruder does not seem to like 64 bit context, and I have yet to figure that out ... but I will figure it out soon.

RE: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - Justanother1 - 04-24-2013

Thanks again!! Great Suggestion!! Now I got the Bomb build ... Most of it seems to work!! gimme a bit, I'll post a vid!!

RE: Cant get Wings3D to work on win 7 64bit.. help? - Justanother1 - 04-25-2013

So far I've had it over 2 million quads. It doesn't crash but after about a million it does get slow! .... Of course I'm on a laptop with only 8G of ram .. but as far as I can tell, It's using both cores and having a much better time on my system than the 32-bit one!! .. Woo hoo, thanks again!! .. this brings up another question though ...... New Post .....