Wings 3D Development Forum
Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - Printable Version

+- Wings 3D Development Forum (https://www.wings3d.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wings 3D (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Interface & Usage (https://www.wings3d.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render (/showthread.php?tid=2928)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - qewer3322 - 05-10-2020

Answering the question:
I have minimal knowledge about CAD softwares like Wings3d (I have only used Tinkercad before wings) and absolouetely none about YafaRay. I'm kind of a noob at this. I have checked some of oort's threads. I tried to do some research before asking questions here but since Wings3d has a small community, I haven't found many helpful stuff for beginners.

And I have only designed parametric stuff before so with W3d, I'm also trying to get into modelling simple organic shapes.

Thank you guys so much for helping!

RE: Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - micheus - 05-10-2020

Quote:I have minimal knowledge about CAD softwares like Wings3d (I have only used Tinkercad before wings) and absolouetely none about YafaRay
Wings3D is not like a CAD app (although I already read some people insinuating this). So, you really is going to need to understand the basics about Wings3D way before get productive - nothing that can't take a year. I'm kidding Biggrin

Looking to your rendered mode we can see you are going well. Although we don't see the meshes.

Wings3D is a modeling tool in essence. Texture painting and rendering uses to be using a 3rd part app. Wings3D offers tree render plugins: Pov-Ray, Yafaray and Kerkythea (the process to get all them active is the same you did for yafaray). Once they are configured you will have access to some material settings for each of them.

You must to pay attention to the Information line (the status line for some app - bottom on main window). The you will have information about any param you need to get for a command. Even the options for each command will be displayed there - the context menus can have three options - one for each mouse button you click to select it (LMB, MMB and RMB).

If you downloaded the latest version, please check the path available for it - look in the pinned post at Bug Reports session.

It's true our community is small and that we have just a few videos around the internet. But, even the old ones are still valid for most the Wings3D version. In the latest year the UI changed a lot, but the commands itself were kept - so you can still learn from old tutorials.
I recommend you to look at some of the links here and look for something that can be of your interest Collection of Tutorials regards to Wings3D modeling and texturing.

About Yafaray, we have some information here and there at the forum, but I think the best source of information you will get from the tutorials made for Blender
The parameters used in our plugin are mostly the same they were using, so you probably will be able to understand them.
A very basic ones are: Yafaray 1, 2, 3 – The Basics and User Guide

Keeping asking. We are going to try guide you across this path.

p.s. I'm going to move your post to the Interface & Usage session which is the best place for it.

RE: Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - micheus - 05-11-2020

I just remembered that recently someone created some video tutorials which I found interesting for beginners. Take a look in case you have patience for that (because I know not everyone likes to watch them Smile ).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsCmGtP8UFdEzdOxRdpLab1yyKkKgvxeQ

RE: Yafaray Render not showing on when clicked Render - qewer3322 - 05-11-2020

Thanks so much for the help!
After 90 tries, my renders are looking much better right now.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FsmGIBHCM4PsSHVCGccbqnTaNcNBZ7Sc/view?usp=sharing

I am going to look at the collection of tutorials when I have more time. And I also have no idea about meshes, will look.

I have said this many times now but thank you guys so much! Biggrin

Trying the gd image preview.

Nice to hear you are making progress.

About the Google drive, I fixed it.
You didn't get it right. You need to use only the image ID - that big sequence of characters/numbers before the "/preview". I highlighted it in red in that my post. Wink

Well, thanks! Biggrin
I saw that on the post and tried it, I think the ID is: 1FsmGIBHCM4PsSHVCGccbqnTaNcNBZ7Sc
I tried adding that but it said that the image doesn't exist. So I pasted the link and it said something like we couldn't find it so I gave up. Tongue

Yes, that is the ID. You need to put it in between "gdrive" tags: [ gdrive]ID[ /gdrive] (without the spaces) - it's easy peasy!

Yeah, I did the same at first but it didn't work. I don't know why.

Let me try again: (well it doesn't work on me)

It's not working because you are not paying attention on me. Why did you put the ID in between these guys? "< >"
Look to my last post. I didn't used them in that sample.

ooh okay. I'm sorry, you said this in the post:

Quote:In order to add the image preview here in the forum we must to use the tag gdrive and the image id (spoted in red above):
[ gdrive]<image id>[/ gdrive] (without the spaces)

so I tought the image id should go in between < >. I understand now thanks!